Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sustainable Crafts: Fabric Scrap Guest Pillow

A few days ago I got to talking about uses for fabric scraps.  This morning I discovered this lovely project on Cluck Cluck Sew:



The project itself is for a fabric scrap pillow, but Randy and I have an alternative idea: as well as having our "guest painting" for folks to leave messages, we are going to cut out leaves from the many scraps I have lying around from previous costuming projects so that guests can sign them.  After the wedding (possibly on our honeymoon) we will sew all of the leaves from our guests onto a pillow as a tree with our wedding date on the trunk.  I already have plenty of fabric, stuffing and markers to make this a reality.  It will be a functional piece as well as something to hand down to any child we may have in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment