Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Secondhand Crafts: Fabric Scraps

One thing I've been thinking about late is accenting my dress.  I want to embroider either a strip or wide ribbon in red to make into a sash.  Does that mean I'm hightailing it to Joann or Hobby Lobby?  Not exactly.



Here's a bit of a tip: some secondhand and thrift stores sell bags of fabric, ribbon and hardware scraps.  In Chicago the best place to go for such treasures is Unique Thrift Stores.  They are in different places in each store so go hunting!  They are usually under five bucks and often have entire yards of fabric.  I have been collecting bags of fabric for not only my dress, but also decor and favors.  I plan on exploring this website for ideas and inspiration:

Well, that's a brief update but I've been busy with school and work at the moment.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment